Monday, November 11, 2013

Knight's Templar Oath


Order of the Temple
Convent of,___ Anno Ordinis, ___ Anno Domini



OATH
In the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
I pledge myself, from now and forever, to the holy Militia of the Order of the Temple. I declare to take freely and solemnly oath of obedience, poverty and chastity, as well as fraternity, hospitality and preliation.

With this oath I state my strong and irrevocable intent:
To pledge my sword, my forces, my life and everything that I own to the cause, defence, honour and further knowledge of the Christian religion, of the Order of the Temple and of my companions in arms; to the rescue of the Temple of the Holy Sepulchre of our Lord Jesus Christ, of the Land of Palestine and the East and of the domains of our forefathers.

To submit to the Rule of our Holy Father Bernard, to the Transmission Chart, the Rules, Law and Decrees and all other statements issued in conformity to the Statutes of the Order; not to invest any knight or divulgate title, grade, ritual or other custom of the Order unless authorized by the Statutes; to obey unconditionally and always, within the Establishments of the Order and without, and in all walks of life, the Grand Master and the high Officers of the Order, collectively and singularly.

To love my brothers the Knight and my Sisters the Dames and help them, their children and their widows with my sword, my advice, means and wealth, my credit and everything in my power, and will favour them, with no exception, over those who are not members of the Order.

To defend the pious pilgrims, to aid and comfort those who are persecuted for the Cause of the Cross, the sick and the poor.

To fight the moslems and other the non-believers of Jesus Christ (my emphasis) with my example, virtue, charity and convincing arguments; and to fight with the sword the infidels and non-believers who attack the Cross with their own sword.

To abhor all immodesty, and not to indulge in illegitimate pleasures of the flesh and then only with my legitimate spouse.

Finally, barring rules dictated by Religion and the Order, to conform to the Laws and Customs of the countries in which I may reside, to fulfill my duties of citizen, and to be loyal knight in those countries which entertain relations with the Order.

This oath I pronounce loudly before the Knights present at this Convent. I sign it and confirm it by my blood. Again, I write it and sign its registration in the documents relating to this Convent and witnessed by the Knights.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. Amen.

Pursuant to the Magistral Decrees of 18 Adar 117 and (?) 694, confirmed by the Convent General on 1 Nisan 695 (2 April 1813), I declare to accede to the Unity of the Temple.


No comments:

Post a Comment